Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Would You Wear That Wednesday: Ruffled Swimsuit

Welcome to my first "Would You Wear That Wednesday" feature. I want to post more regularly on here, but I don't always take the best any outfit pictures sometimes, so I wasn't sure what to do. I read a post on the Independent Fashion Bloggers blog about catchy post titles, and one of their suggestions was a "Would You Wear [Trend]". I loved that idea, so without further adieu, here's my first item:

Source

Personally, I would not wear this for a few reasons. I tend to be more of a tankini and boy shorts or board shorts kind of gal. I've never really liked one pieces. Also, since I've gained marriage weight, I don't think this style would be very flattering on me. I think the ruffles would be good for someone with a straighter figure since they could add some depth and visual interest to a top half. A chesty girl would have a harder time with the suit's enhancements. 

How about you? Would you wear this?

Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I read that same IFB article! :) And look, it worked! But no, I wouldn't wear that ruffled swimsuit. I have to be careful with ruffles. I have a smaller chest, so I'm always reading about adding texture and details like ruffles and ruching to create volume up top (do I know my 'What Not to Wear' rules or what?!). But I also have wide shoulders, so ruffles can veer toward the ridiculous on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the WNTW shout out! That reminds me that I need to set the DVR for it. Ah, I've got wide shoulders too. I didn't even think of that as a consideration for this. Good call!

    ReplyDelete