Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Would You Wear That Wednesday: Denim Vest

This week's item of choice: The denim vest:
Source

As a Southerner, I feel like I should like this. This just seems Southern. But the truth is, I don't like denim vests at all. I'm not a huge vest person anyway, but there's just something about a denim vest that annoys me. I think I have an idea that a denim jacket is a cute layering piece that make summery dresses seem a little more substantial...or warmer. A denim vest just doesn't give me that impression. I haven't tried one on, so I'm not sure how it would actually look on me, so I may be completely wrong. I've seen it look decent on other bloggers, but it's just not my personal taste or style preference.

Weigh in: would you wear a denim vest, and if so, how would you style it?

2 comments:

  1. I had a denim vest in high school that I wore for waaaaay too long afterwards. But nowadays, while I love my olive cargo vest and my denim jackets, I don't think I would go back to the denim vest. It feels too young to me now, but maybe it's just that I don't really want to revisit that time in my life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels too young- that's definitely a factor I didn't consider. I turned 30 last month, and it seems like some sort of switch flipped in my brain that makes me reconsider things I once wouldn't have had a second thought about. Then again, that could also be attributed to working at a college for almost 6 years! =)

    I love your cargo vest too, and I sometimes think about trying to style the one vest I own in a similar fashion to some of the ways you've worn the olive one, but then I just give it up. Maybe it's time for that vest to go to the great thrift store giveaway pile in the sky...

    ReplyDelete