Monday, January 7, 2013

30 x 30: Day Four, 01/04/13

I love red and gray, so I'm surprised I've never put this outfit together (and unfortunately, my picture is pretty terrible. I'm sensing a 30 x 30 theme!). I wear these pants quite often, and I've worn a red and gray striped top with them, but that felt really "matchy matchy". This incorporates the color scheme without feeling so kindergartner-ish. I got this shirt off the Kmart clearance rack for $2 many years ago. Its cost per wear is probably down to pennies by now. Woo hoo!


Pinned Image
Unresolution 2- Take better bedroom shots...
wait, that sounds more "adult" than it should. Ha

Also, you know what's fun when you're getting your clothes ready for the week and choosing from your 30 x 30 selections that were picked with the thoughts that it's January, winter, and cold? Looking at the forecast and seeing that the coldest day of the week is 50 degrees and the warmest day will hit 70. I LOVE warm weather, but it puts a bit of a wrench in my clothes planning. Oh well. Roll with the punches, right? =) Has anyone ever experienced something like that where you plan for one kind of weather and then get completely blindsided?

What I liked:
  • The color scheme
  • The looser top with the tighter pants. Proportions and whatnot

What I didn't like:
  • The shirt has a little bit of pilling. I may be able to take care of that though
Shirt- Kmart, pants- Old Navy, boots- Payless

2 comments:

  1. I went on a business trip to Cali once when it was supposed to be in the 60s so that's what I packed for, and when I got there it was like the 40s and I didn't have time to buy a jacket or anything so I froze! Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr! Gotta love the tricks Mother Nature plays on you, huh? Also, love that you have the matchy matchy issue too! Stacy and Clinton would be horrified by both of us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete