Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Too many ideas, too little free time

This time of year gets a little hectic for everyone. I didn't think we were going to be too busy until I started figuring up our family commitments, friend commitments, and a few other things that I've got going on, in addition to my husband's overtime schedule (he works for Amazon Fulfillment, so this time of year is C-R-A-Z-Y for him!). It's also the time of year when you start reflecting on the past 11 months and looking ahead to the next 12. For me, this means thinking about this blog. I've made a few changes, tried to be a more consistent poster, co-hosted a linkup, and participated in a few other linkups. I've made good progress, but I'd like to do more!

I decided my "What You Wear That Wednesday" feature wasn't something I wanted to continue, but I have another Wednesday idea, and yes, it will probably have alliteration because that's how I roll and all. But, since things are a little crazy right now, I'm not going to jump into that feature until 2014. Also, my posting may be sporadic since I haven't been taking a lot of pictures lately. I've lost a little weight since I felt frazzled and fluffy earlier this fall, but I'm still not where I want to be in looks or confidence, and my wardrobe definitely reflects that! Plus, now that I've taken a few pictures outside, I'm hooked on how much better the lighting is than inside. Three cheers for natural lighting, huh? 

I guess what I'm trying to say (in more words than I need to use) is that Section 391 is under construction. I want to grow this blog, make connections with other bloggers, and work towards opening doors that will allow me to generate income through writing. I want to ramp this little hobby and my other blog up to the next level. I do have a passion for writing, and I would love to make it a full-time career (with some part-time libraryin' or instructional technology), but for now, that isn't realistic for my little family, so I need to improve my skills to make it an eventual reality. So, I'm putting on a hard hat (there's the "fashion aspect" for today...ha!), and getting to work on making this better. Thank you to those of you who have been reading here over the past few months. Your encouragement means a lot to me, and I do look at your blogs for inspiration and ideas on what I can do to improve this little corner of the Internet. If anyone has any resources or tips on how you've improved your own blogs, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment