Monday, November 18, 2013

Style Imitating Art: What's Black and White and Re(a)d All Over?

Does anyone remember the old joke about what's black and white and red (or read) all over? There were a couple of different answers- a newspaper, a zebra with a sunburn. I think there was another one too, but those were the only ones I could remember on this crazy Monday!

I'm excited to be participating in Jen from Librarian for Life and Style's first Style Imitating Art selection. You can read more about the selection and why she chose it here, but here's the inspiration:


Here's my interpretation:


SIA: BWR (What I Submitted)

I tried to take pictures outside this morning, but the light was too bright, and they kept being washed out. Instead, you get to see my after-work blah hair and part of my bedroom, including the Employees Only sign on the door. ;-)

I went with a black, white, and red (more maroon actually) color scheme. No stripes on this outfit, but the flowers on my cardigan kind of echo the wallpaper behind him. Clearly, I excelled in my art appreciation class in undergrad!

Here are a couple of closeups of the cardigan:


SIA: BWR (Back of Cardigan)


SIA: BWR (Sequin Closeup)

It should be fun to see how others interpreted this painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment