Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gazelle intensity and stopping shopping

I'm a fashion blog fanatic. I love to read them, gain ideas, and think about how I can improve this blog (even if I haven't necessarily done anything yet). One consequence of reading so many fashion blogs is the "I want to buy that" disease. I've gotten a little better about shopping since trying to adjust my shopping focus, but I could still do a lot better, both for the ethics and for my wallet. I've been listening to Dave Ramsey a lot lately, and he talks about getting "gazelle intense" when getting yourself into financial shape.

So from tomorrow, August 1, 2013 to the end of the year, December 31, 2013, I'm stopping shopping.

I've got a couple of birthday gift cards, so I'm probably going to use them this weekend during our state sales tax holiday, and I might cash in some Swagbucks (my referral link) for some store gift cards for fall clothes, but I'm not going to spend any of my own money on clothing/shoes/accessories until 2014.

Additionally, this will help me remix my closet and use what's already in there. I've been doing that a little lately. My outfit from my preppy pattern mixing post was full of items that I had never even worn before! I think it will also help me learn what kind of closet gaps I have so I can be a smarter shopper.

Wish me luck because I'm sure there are going to be some challenges ahead!

Linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment